For the crumble topping
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter, cut into small cubes, plus a little extra for greasing
- 25g demerara sugar
- 15g porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the muffins
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small orange, juice and zest
- 2 eggs
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 100ml The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar
- 200g butternut squash, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4. Lightly grease the muffin pan with Cake Release or a little butter.
- To make the crumble topping, sift the flour into a small mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, oats and cinnamon, and set aside.
- For the muffins, sift the flours and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining muffin ingredients, except the grated butternut squash, and beat with an electric whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Gently fold in the grated squash with a metal spoon. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin moulds and sprinkle over the crumble topping, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is browned and crunchy, and the muffins are well risen. Leave to cool slightly in the muffin pan before cooling on a wire rack.
Tip: The muffins will keep well for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth