For the crumble topping
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter, cut into small cubes, plus a little extra for greasing
- 25g demerara sugar
- 15g porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the muffins
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small orange, juice and zest
- 2 eggs
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 100ml The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar
- 200g butternut squash, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4. Lightly grease the muffin pan with Cake Release or a little butter.
- To make the crumble topping, sift the flour into a small mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, oats and cinnamon, and set aside.
- For the muffins, sift the flours and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining muffin ingredients, except the grated butternut squash, and beat with an electric whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Gently fold in the grated squash with a metal spoon. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin moulds and sprinkle over the crumble topping, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is browned and crunchy, and the muffins are well risen. Leave to cool slightly in the muffin pan before cooling on a wire rack.
Tip: The muffins will keep well for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®