- 25g caster sugar
- 25g pecan nuts, chopped
- 75ml double cream
- 90ml whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g soft dark brown sugar
- 6 drops Creamy Buttery Caramel Flavouring
- Heat the caster sugar over a low heat in a small heavy-based pan until melted to a liquid. Add the chopped pecans, stir to coat them well, then remove from the pan and spread on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Leave to cool and set.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan, heat until simmering, then remove from the heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, brown sugar and flavouring in a bowl. Pour in the heated milk mixture and stir until the sugar dissolves. Return the mixture to the heat, gently bring to the boil and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug, allow to cool slightly then refrigerate for 1-2 hours until chilled.
- Following the instructions for the Lakeland Mini Ice Cream Maker, churn the mixture for 15-20 minutes until it reaches a soft, scoopable consistency.
- Break up the caramelised pecans with a knife, reserve a few pieces and stir the remainder through the ice cream. Scoop the ice cream into a serving glass, sprinkle on the reserved pecans and enjoy!
Tip: how about a tempting topping or two? This buttery ice cream likes to be drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauces, sprinkled with extra caramelised pecans and finished with a crisp, crunchy wafer.
Toasted BLT Bagel
Toasted Panini with Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelised Onion
Toasted Ciabatta with Chicken, Cheese, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Brie & Cranberry Toasted Baguette
Quesadillas with Salmon and Avocado
Eggy Bread Toasty with Banana and Blueberries
Toasted Tortilla Wrap with Chicken and Avocado
Gingerbread Cookie Garlands