- 200g cooked turkey, cut into chunks
- 100g cooked ham, cut into chunks
- 100g cooked sliced leeks
- 100g cooked broccoli florets
For the parsley sauce
- 40g plain flour
- 20g butter
- 400ml milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the bubble & squeak topping
- 400g cold cooked potatoes
- 200g mix of cooked carrots, parsnips or swede
- 50g cold cooked cabbage, chopped
- A few knobs of butter
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 6.
- Put the turkey and ham chunks into a deep pie dish. Mix in the leeks and broccoli florets.
- To make the sauce, put the flour, butter and milk into a large non-stick saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly with a silicone-coated whisk, until thickened and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the dish and gently mix into the turkey and ham mixture.
- For the topping, mash the potatoes, carrots and parsnips or swede together and stir in the cabbage. Season, then spoon this mixture over the pie and dot the surface with butter. Stand the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Tips: You could just use turkey, and no ham, in the pie – just increase the quantity to 300g. You can be flexible with the vegetable combinations you use for the topping as it really depends on what you have left – you could simply use mashed potatoes.