- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 300ml hand-hot water
- 1tsp salt
- 200g strong white four, plus extra for dusting
- 300g strong wholemeal flour
- 20g Pumpkin Munchy Seeds, roughly ground
- Milk to glaze
- Combine yeast with half the water and set aside for approx. 15 minutes until it froths.
- Combine salt and flours in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the yeast mixture and half the Munchy Seeds. Mix into a dough, adding the remaining water as necessary. Turn on to a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes until elastic, adding more flour if required.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover with lightly oiled Lakeland Cling film and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (1-1½ hours).
- Heat your oven to 220°C. Knock back the dough by kneading to expel the air. Shape into a loaf and place in a 2lb loaf tin. Cover and leave in a warm place again, until increased in size by half (30-45 mins). Brush the top with milk and cover with the remainder of the Munchy Seeds. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the base sounds hollow when tapped. Allow to cool and eat within 2 days.