- 75g cooked black rice (25g uncooked weight)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g frozen shelled edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 25g baby spinach or baby kale
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the salad, layer up all the salad ingredients in the jar in the order listed, starting with the black rice.
- To make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients to a small jug and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, screw on the lid and refrigerate until needed. Just before eating, give the jar a good shake to ensure the dressing and salad are well mixed.
Tip: Black rice has a delicious nutty taste and can be found in health food stores, some supermarkets and online.