- 75g cooked black rice (25g uncooked weight)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g frozen shelled edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 25g baby spinach or baby kale
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the salad, layer up all the salad ingredients in the jar in the order listed, starting with the black rice.
- To make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients to a small jug and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, screw on the lid and refrigerate until needed. Just before eating, give the jar a good shake to ensure the dressing and salad are well mixed.
Tip: Black rice has a delicious nutty taste and can be found in health food stores, some supermarkets and online.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad