For the trifle
- 32 trifle sponge fingers
- 6 tbsp vodka
- 2 x 400g cans pears in natural juice
- 600ml thick pouring custard
- 1 jar black cherry jam
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml half-fat creme fraiche
- Mini meringues
- Fresh cherries
- PopaBall Shimmer Cherry Bubbles
- Cut the sponge fingers in half and arrange vertically around the edge of a 3-litre trifle bowl. Lay the remaining sponge fingers flat on the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the vodka into a measuring jug, and make up to 300ml with pear juice from the cans. Chop the drained pears into small chunks and set aside.
- Pour the custard over the sponge fingers to make the second layer of the trifle.
- Add the pear chunks on top of the custard, then pour over the vodka and pear juice.
- Top the pear layer with the black cherry jam.
- Whip the double cream till thick and mix in the creme fraiche. Add to the top of your trifle and finish with a few mini meringues, fresh cherries and a generous sprinkling of PopaBall Shimmer Cherry Bubbles.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova