For the trifle
- 32 trifle sponge fingers
- 6 tbsp vodka
- 2 x 400g cans pears in natural juice
- 600ml thick pouring custard
- 1 jar black cherry jam
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml half-fat creme fraiche
- Mini meringues
- Fresh cherries
- PopaBall Shimmer Cherry Bubbles
- Cut the sponge fingers in half and arrange vertically around the edge of a 3-litre trifle bowl. Lay the remaining sponge fingers flat on the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the vodka into a measuring jug, and make up to 300ml with pear juice from the cans. Chop the drained pears into small chunks and set aside.
- Pour the custard over the sponge fingers to make the second layer of the trifle.
- Add the pear chunks on top of the custard, then pour over the vodka and pear juice.
- Top the pear layer with the black cherry jam.
- Whip the double cream till thick and mix in the creme fraiche. Add to the top of your trifle and finish with a few mini meringues, fresh cherries and a generous sprinkling of PopaBall Shimmer Cherry Bubbles.