- 170g (6oz) Caster Sugar
- 170g (6oz) Unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 170g (6oz) Self-Raising Flour
- 400g Fresh Raspberries
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (for fan assisted ovens, adjust accordingly). Line the centre of each raised base with greaseproof paper (Baking Parchment Circles are perfect). Grease the remainder of the bases and the pan sides well.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well to combine before adding the next. Then add 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract and mix well.
- Sift the flour and gently fold into the mixture, ensuring all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the cake mix into the prepared cake pans and bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire racks covered with baking parchment turn top-side up to properly cool.
- Once cooled, place one sponge on a serving plate. Whip the cream until thick, generously spread into both sponge wells, then over-fill one half with 300g of fresh raspberries.
- Flip the second sponge over onto the filled half and gently but firmly press together. Dust with sifted icing sugar and top with the remaining raspberries