- 2 medium beetroot, quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 300g strong plain flour, plus extra to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Toss the beetroot in the oil and a little of the salt. Wrap tightly in parchment-lined foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 45-60 minutes until tender. Allow to cool, rub with kitchen paper to remove the skin and pure in a food processor.
- Add the eggs and extra yolk and process until combined. Add the flour and a tsp of salt then process until the dough just comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding up to 2 tbsp of flour if the dough is sticky. Wrap tightly in clingfilm and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces. Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach a tagliatelle cutter to the pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then allow the pasta ribbons to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the tagliatelle ribbons in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch