- 3 medium fresh beetroot
- 500g parsnips, peeled and diced into 2.5cm cubes
- 25g butter (or vegan alternative)
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash but do not peel the beetroot then cut the stalks to 2.5cm and leave the root at the bottom. Put into a pan of water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until very tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly then gently rub off the skin with kitchen roll.
- Meanwhile, cook the parsnips in boiling water for 15 minutes until tender then drain.
- Dice the beetroot into 2.5cm cubes and return to the pan with the parsnip and butter then process with the Masha for approximately 20 seconds until smooth.
- Add the nutmeg, season to taste and mix well. Serve hot.
TIP: Wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent the juice staining your hands.