For the shortbread
- 200g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 400g plain flour
- 2-4 tbsp milk
- Honey to glaze
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks and sieve in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add enough milk to make a soft dough and bring together with your hands. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to approx. 1cm thick. Using an 8cm Dia. smooth round cutter, cut out circles of dough. Dust the cookie stamps with flour and then press firmly into the shortbread until every one is stamped, dusting the stamps with flour after every press.
- Place as many shortbread rounds as will fit onto your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Repeat with further batches until all your shortbread is baked.
- To serve, brush with a little honey to glaze or dust with icing sugar.
For more showstopping bakes that are sure to create a buzz, check out our step-by-steps to decorate a Tiered Honeycomb Bee Cake, Buzzy Bee Cake, Bee Cake Pops, Bee Madeleines, Bee Mini Sandwich Cakes and Iced Bee Cupcakes, and our recipe for Iced Bee Cookies.