- 50g basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250g 00’ flour, plus extra to dust
- ¾ tsp salt
- 20ml basil oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- First, make a basil pure by bringing a medium saucepan of salted water to a gentle boil then tip in the basil and cook for a few seconds until soft and tender. Strain and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain the basil and transfer it to a blender, blend to a smooth pure then pass through a fine sieve. Add a little water so it takes on the consistency of pesto, then season with salt and pepper.
- Sift the flour into a food processor with the ¾ tsp salt and add the basil pure, basil oil, egg and egg yolks. Blitz until a firm consistency is achieved. Remove from the processor, transfer to a floured surface and knead until the dough comes together and is very smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into four equal portions, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach the tagliatelle cutter to your pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then allow the pasta ribbons to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the tagliatelle ribbons in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch