- 1.2kg chicken, without giblets, rinsed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- A few sprigs thyme, to stuff, plus extra to sprinkle
- Olive oil, to brush
- Prepare the barbecue ─ place charcoal at one side of the barbecue only. Place a foil tray on the other side to catch any drips from the chicken. Place the rack on the barbecue and light the charcoal. Prepare the chicken.
- Season the chicken inside, stuff with the lemon wedges and thyme. Brush the chicken with olive oil, season and sprinkle with thyme.
- Place onto the barbecue rack above the foil tray. Cook for 2 hours or until cooked through and the juices run clear ─ try to avoid lifting the lid too often as the heat will escape.