- 400g raw king prawns, deveined
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 ripe tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ small red onion (around 50g), finely diced
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped (if desired)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml creme
- 70g very ripe mango, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp red chilli, finely chopped (if desired)
- 8 ready-made corn taco shells
- little gem lettuce, shredded
- Dry the raw prawns on some kitchen towel to remove any excess moisture. Toss in a bowl with the paprika, cumin, garlic granules and oil, until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- To make the salsa, first remove the flesh of the pineapple using the Pineapple Slicer & Wedger. Finely chop 150g of the fruit and add to a bowl. Stir in the diced tomato, red onion, chilli, coriander, lime juice and seasoning, and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the creme , chopped mango, lime juice and chilli in a jug with a stick blender. Blend until very smooth, season to taste, transfer to a serving jug and set aside.
- Preheat your gas or charcoal barbecue according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spread the marinated prawns onto two foil sheets, folding up the edges slightly to keep the prawns in place. Cook on the barbecue for 2-3 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To serve, warm the taco shells as per the pack instructions. Divide the lettuce between the tacos, then top with the salsa and prawns. Serve immediately with the mango and lime dressing drizzled over.
Tip: The prawns could also be cooked under a medium preheated grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turn, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®