- 2kg (4 pounds) american-style pork ribs
- ½ cup (140g) barbecue sauce
- ½ cup (140g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- ½ cup (125ml) cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (85g) orange marmalade
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Cut pork into pieces to fit into cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in large shallow dish; add pork, turn to coat in marinade. Cover; refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Transfer pork and marinade to the slow cooker; cook, covered, on high for 4 hours. Turn ribs twice during cooking time for even cooking.
- Carefully remove ribs from cooker; cover to keep warm. Transfer sauce to large frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, skimming fat from surface, for about 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced to about 1¾ cups. Serve pork drizzled with sauce, steamed rice and lime wedges.
Get your butcher to cut the ribs so that they will fit into your slow cooker.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 3.
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni