- 6 peaches (or nectarines), halved and pitted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 100g ground almonds
- 150ml water
- 3 tbsp rosehip syrup
- 200g blueberries
- 2 tsp demerara or caster sugar
- Crème fraiche or clotted cream
- Crushed amaretti biscuits or a few toasted flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Make sure that the oven shelves are adjusted to accommodate the pan of the Remoska Tria with its glass casserole lid.
- Put the halved peaches, cut sides up, into the Remoska pan. Mix together the egg, crushed biscuits and ground almonds to make a stiff paste, adding a splash of warm water if needed. Share the mixture between the peaches, pressing it down a little with a fork or spoon.
- Mix together the water and rosehip syrup and pour into the Remoska pan. Add half the blueberries and sprinkle demerara or caster sugar on top of the almond mixture. Put the clear glass lid on top of the Remoska pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon (not a metal one) to lift two peach halves per person into serving dishes. Stir the remaining blueberries into the syrup in the base of the Remoska pan, then spoon this on top of the peaches. Serve with crème fraiche or clotted cream, scattered with a few crushed amaretti biscuits or toasted flaked almonds (or both!).
Tips: You could use crushed sponge fingers instead of amaretti biscuits – just add ¼ tsp almond extract to the egg mixture. Keep any leftover peaches in a covered container in the fridge and within 3 days.
Apple and Sultana Samosas with Stem Ginger & Cinnamon Ice Cream
Vegan Caramelised Banana Pancakes
Buttermilk Waffles with Vanilla Custard, Macerated Strawberries, Shortbread and Chervil Syrup
Cherry Frangipane Tart
Strawberry Eton Mess Cake
Hot Choc Swiss Roll
Semi-freddo Raspberry, Lemon & Ginger Nut Cheesecake Bars
Marmalade & Almond Tart