- 4 large or 8 medium beetroot
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6. Wrap the beetroot in foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced fennel in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and the zest of 1 of the oranges (reserve the orange). Set aside to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Peel the other orange with a serrated knife, discarding the zest, then segment and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the reserved zested orange into a small bowl and season well. Whisk in the remaining olive oil and the walnut oil. .
- When the beetroot are cooked, remove from the foil, allow to cool slightly and peel off the skin (you may want to wear rubber gloves to prevent your hands from staining).
- Thickly slice and place on a warmed plate with the fennel and the orange segments. Spoon over the ricotta and drizzle with the dressing. Scatter over the reserved fennel fronds and serve warm.
Nutritional info: PER SERVING 244kcals, 16.8g fat (4.9g saturated), 7.9g protein, 16.3g carbs, 14.9g sugar, 0.3g salt
Chef’s tip: Feta would be a great alternative to ricotta if you prefer a fuller flavoured cheese.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli