- 100g butter, plus extra to grease
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 600g soft cream cheese
- 25ml Irish cream liqueur
- 100g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream, whipped
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Grease the Mini Sandwich Pan with a little butter.
- Melt 100g butter in a pan, add the crushed biscuits and well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter. Remove from the heat, divide the mixture equally between the 12 cups and press firmly into place. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for one hour.
- Lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Irish cream liqueur and icing sugar. Fold in the whipped cream and roughly half of the grated chocolate. When smooth, spoon evenly onto the biscuit bases. Refrigerate and allow to set for at least two hours.
- Once set, carefully remove by running a knife dipped in hot water round the edge of each cheesecake and gently pushing up the tin’s loose bases. Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining grated chocolate then the chopped chocolate over each cheesecake.
Tip: We made our biscuit bases angled to add interest rest one end of the tin on a thick chopping board so the wells are angled. Use the back of a spoon to pack the biscuit mix at an angle, and refrigerate as normal.
Tip: To make it easier, freeze the chocolate bar before grating.