- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 100g (4oz) mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml (¼pt) basmati rice
- 1 tbsp, heaped, tomato puree
- 300ml (½pt) vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and bacon until the bacon is crisp. Add the mushrooms and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic and the rice, stir and transfer into the Remoska base. Add the tomato puree and the hot vegetable stock, give it a good stir around, then put the lid on, switch on, and leave for 30 minutes.
- When you lift the lid, the rice will have cooked and absorbed all the liquid, so all you need to do is add a generous seasoning of salt and black pepper, stir and serve.