- 600g granulated sugar
- 900ml water
- 900ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 litres soda water
- 3 medium limes, cut into 6 wedges
- You can start preparing this cocktail up to 3 days ahead of drinking it but we suggest at least 4 hours before drinking it. This is to allow the flavours to infuse nicely for that more complex taste.
- Bring the sugar and water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved, this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to Kilner Preserve or Clip Top Jars.
- Cut the apple into 5mm thick slices. Place the apple slices in the lime syrup and stir to coat the fruit in the delicious syrup. Cover and refrigerate until the apple flavour infuses the syrup. 3 days’ infusing time is great but at least 4 hours will suffice.
- When ready to serve, strain the mixture through a mesh strainer and decant into the Kilner Drinks Dispenser reserve the apple slices for the garnish.
- Add a handful of ice and the soda water to the syrup in the dispenser. Stir gently with a long wooden spoon. Garnish with a few lime wedges and the apple slices.