- 500g (1lb) Bramley apples, weighed when peeled and sliced (about the thickness of a £1 coin)
- 1 good tablespoon raisins soaked in 2 tablespoons brandy (brandy is optional)
- 1 orange, juice and rind
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 slices light fruit bread, buttered (or enough to cover the apples)
- 3 eggs
- 250ml (8fl oz) milk 50ml (2fl oz) double cream 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- Place the sliced apples, raisins, orange juice and grated rind, caster sugar and cinnamon in the Remoska, and stir well. Cook for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This may be done earlier, even the day before.
- Place the buttered slices of bread over the apples, filling in any spaces with cuts from the bread. In a bowl whisk the eggs, add the milk, cream and sugar, stir to dissolve the sugar and pour over the bread. Leave a few minutes for the milk to soak in to the bread.
- Cook for around 30 minutes if the apples are hot, 40 if cold, until the pudding is lightly golden and puffed up. Serve with warm custard or ice cream.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova