- A little butter, for greasing
- 200g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 200g porridge oats
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 150g marzipan
- 150g light muscovado sugar, plus a little extra
- 200g butter, melted
- 2 eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 plums, pitted and sliced
- Position an oven shelf in the centre of the oven, then preheat to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the PushPan with a little butter.
- Mix together the flour, porridge oats, mixed spice, salt and lemon zest. Grate about three quarters of the marzipan and stir it into the mixture with the muscovado sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Tip half the mixture into the PushPan and press it down lightly. Arrange half the apples and plums on top in an even layer. Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, then tip the remaining cake mixture on top, pressing it down lightly. Arrange the remaining apples and plums over the surface. Chop the remaining marzipan into small chunks and scatter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice and a little extra muscovado sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until firm and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then remove by positioning the PushPan on a tall jar and pushing down to release. Allow to cool completely if serving as a cake; otherwise serve immediately with crème fraiche, cream, ice cream or custard.