For the Apple & Beetroot juice (serves 1)
- 2 apples, cut into chunks
- 2 raw beetroots, cut into chunks, stalks and leaves can be included
For the beetroot bread
- A little butter or marg to grease
- 10g fresh yeast, or equivalent weight of dried yeast (check pack for details)
- 500g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp salt
- 350ml water, tepid
- 125g beetroot pulp
- Process all the ingredients for the beetroot and apple juice and serve the juice as soon as possible.
- In a large bowl, rub the yeast into the flour. Add the salt and the water and mix all by hand for 2-3 minutes until the dough begins to come together and then add the beetroot pulp.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured work surface, it will be very sticky but as you work with it, the dough will dry up and become smooth within about 10 minutes.
- Grease the loaf tin.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover with a clean, damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm area until doubled in size, place into the loaf tin, dust the top with a little extra flour and leave to double in size again.
- When it is nearly ready preheat your oven to 250°C/480°F, cut a slash in the top of the loaf with a sharp knife and bake for around 30 minutes, until the base of loaf makes a hollow sound when tipped out of the tin and tapped. Allow to cool on a wire rack and serve.
Tip: You can use a food mixer with a dough hook for step 2.
Tip: Delicious with vine tomatoes and fresh pesto.
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Hot Cross Bun Loaf
Easter Bunny Bread Rolls
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding