- If using our Digital Ice Cream Maker, make sure that you put the bowl into your freezer at least 12 hours in advance.
- Put the almonds and peanuts into a dry frying pan and toast over a medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and cook for just a few seconds to caramelise. Tip the nuts out onto a chopping board and leave cool. When completely cool, chop further into small pieces. Put about a quarter to one side for decoration.
- Mix the almond milk with the peanut butter powder, whisking it in thoroughly. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of maple syrup and the vanilla bean paste and stir through to combine.
- Set up your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Turn on the power and set the timer for 25 minutes. While the machine is switched on with the paddle turning, pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, adding the chopped nut mixture towards the end of the churning process.
- When churning is complete, remove the ice cream from the bowl with a plastic spatula and put it into a freezer-safe container. Transfer to your freezer for a further 30-40 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls (or serve in cones) and sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
Tip: The timing in the recipe is a guideline, as it depends on the temperature of the ingredients and the room temperature – if the mixture needs more churning, simply adjust the timer