Spring Pearls Mini Tier Cake
There’s no reason why small cakes can’t get the showstopper treatment, and this bijou bake, made in our 3-Tier Mini Cake Pan Set, is petite, perfectly formed and dotted with edible ‘pearls’ for a fabulous finish!
For the cake
- 75g butter, softened
- 90g granulated sugar
- 10g dark soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 130g self-raising flower
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Grease and flour the 3-Tier Mini Cake Pan Set.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture between each addition. Fold in the flour and mix until combined. Transfer the mixture into the prepared tins, and place into the oven: because the tins are different sizes, there will be a difference between baking times; the small cake will take approx. 20 minutes, the medium approx. 35 minutes, and the large cake about 45-50 minutes. To test whether they are done, insert a skewer into the middle of the cake – if it comes out clean the cakes are ready. Turn out the cakes onto a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before decorating.
- Using a palette knife, smoothly spread frosting on the top and sides of the largest cake, then place it on a cake board or stand. Spread the frosting on the tops and sides of the remaining tiers, stacking them up as you go. Make sure the finish is completely smooth.
- While the frosting is still sticky, place the Scrumptious Sprinkles Spring Pearls onto the cake, working from the bottom to the top.