Lucy Bee’s Goat’s Cheese and Rocket Frittata
There’s something about the classic combination of goat’s cheese and rocket that I never grow bored of – it just works. This frittata is great for a cheap and fast evening meal but makes a healthy and filling lunch too!
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g rocket
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 6 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 75g soft goat’s cheese
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill on a medium setting. Melt half of the coconut oil in a heavy-based pan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, then tip into a mixing bowl, add the rocket, parsley and pesto, mix together, then add the eggs.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in the frying pan until hot, then pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture just starts to set. Scatter the goat’s cheese and Parmesan over the top and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the pan under the grill for 3-5 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbling. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
GF WF VEG
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)