A Tasty Way to Get Your Five-A-Day
If you thought a glass of juice was just a glass of juice, think again. From boosting energy and immunity to improving general wellbeing, extracting the freshest juice at home brings a host of health benefits, and it’s also a really tasty way to help toward your five-a-day.
There’s so much more to juices than apples and oranges too! Home-grown or shop-bought, there’s a huge variety of fruit and vegetables available all year round so, month by month, you can tailor your juices and smoothies depending on what’s on the shelves – no two juices need ever be the same! Take a look at a couple of recipes to help inspire you to be healthier this spring.
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- ¼ small pineapple, skin removed
- 1 small beetroot, washed
- Small bunch fresh parsley, stems included
What You Do
- Chop all the ingredients into pieces that will fit easily into the juicer feed tube.
- Set the juicer going and collect the extracted juice in a glass.
TIP: TO SERVE WITH PARSLEY ICE CUBES, SIMPLY PLACE 1 PARSLEY LEAF IN EACH COMPARTMENT OF AN ICE CUBE TRAY, ADD WATER AND FREEZE
Fresh Green Juice
- 50g baby spinach, washed
- 150ml coconut water or apple juice
- 50g cucumber, chopped into chunks
- ½ a small avocado, flesh only
- 5-6 green grapes (optional)
What You Do
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend according to the instructions.
- Blend for 15 seconds, remove the blender jug or bottle and stir the juice, then return to the base and blend for 15 more seconds until smooth.
TIP: IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SMOOTHIE MAKER, A BLENDER WILL WORK AS WELL.
Whether for health or taste, juicing has become a lifestyle choice for many. We’ve put together lots of information to help you make the most of it – just visit www.lakeland.co.uk/juicing to read all you need to know. With a juicer on the worktop, there’ll be no looking back – what are you waiting for?