The Fitness Chef
Graeme Tomlinson (aka The Fitness Chef) is a fitness trainer, nutritionist and instagrammer in the UK.
Food, fitness and health are his main passions, so he decided to combine his knowledge of all of them to create easy to cook recipe books for people trying to get fitter and healthier.
Raspberry Crumble Oats
Is this a breakfast or dessert? You decide! In just 5 care free minutes you can whip up a nutritious, yet deliciously dessert-like breakfast to keep you full for hours, resisting the temptation to visit the vending machine mid morning for that chocolate fix! Or you can have this high protein, high fibre bowl for a healthier alternative to the usual preservative laden dessert – trust me, this is a belter!
Prep: 5 mins
- 50g oats
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 10 raspberries
- 2 tbsp granola
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Add oats and milk to bowl and microwave for 3 or 4 minutes until they start to bubble (keep your eye on it). The consistency should still be thin at this point for adding the vanilla whey and mixing until even.
- Separately microwave the raspberries for 30 seconds to create a puree before adding on top with all other ingredients! This one will keep hunger locked up in style until lunch time!
Italian Chicken Fusilli
This is such a simple, nutritionally balanced recipe, with a touch of indulgence! Taking just 15 minutes from start to finish it’s ideal for a quick lunch/dinner or increasing volume to make a healthy family meal. Once those flavours get together in the pan.. the rest is history!
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 chopped chicken breasts
- 75g of wholegrain fusilli pasta
- 1 chopped red chilli
- ½ a chopped red pepper
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp green pesto
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 200ml of water
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Add olive oil to a pre-heated pan before cooking and sealing chicken pieces for 2 minutes
- Add pasta, water, garlic, red chilli and red pepper and simmer for 5-6 minutes with the lid on
- Once the water reduces and the pasta is soft, add the pesto and spinach – stir all ingredients regularly
- Reduce heat and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding Italian herbs, black pepper, thyme and parmesan
Naked Beef Stir Fry
This is one of my all time favourite recipes from my book ‘One Pan Fitness Food’ because it’s ridiculously quick and stupendously easy to prepare! It’s high in protein, packed with nutrients – ideal for those of you looking for a fast, healthy recipe that tastes great!
Time: 5 mins
- 1 tsp of coconut/sesame oil
- 150g lean steak
- Handful of bean sprouts
- Handful of spinach
- 4 Chopped button mushrooms
- ½ a chopped red pepper
- ½ a chopped red chilli
- ½ a chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Pre-heat pan, add coconut/sesame oil and add steak pieces to seal for 30 seconds before adding all other ingredients and cooking for a remaining 4 minutes, tossing regularly. Tip – if you like your steak well done then cook for 2 minutes before adding other ingredients.
Salted Caramel Protein Balls
Surely these cannot be healthy, right? Well, I’d disagree! Made without refined sugar, high in protein and complete with a dose of healthy fats, one of these balls will make the perfect snack! The great thing about them is they will keep for a fairly long time as the ingredients naturally keep well. Salted caramel the healthy way!
Prep: 2 mins
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey
- 3 heaped tbsp smooth 100% peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp of water
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut
- Simply add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and get the hands dirty.
- By the end you should be able to get all ingredients into one massive ball before ripping off 6 equal pieces and rolling into balls.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut, more chia seeds and set in fridge for 30 minutes for best results. Those flavours – wow!
In January 2017 Graeme launched his recipe ebooks called ‘One Pan Fitness Food’ and ‘Sweet Treats Made Healthy’. Soon after he had One Pan Fitness Food published as a paperback. It features 40 quick, nutritious recipes to get you healthier, more confident and on track for achieving your fitness goals. The idea is that you only need one pan and 15 minutes to prepare awesome, healthy food – it doesn’t get much easier than that!
Graeme is currently working on his next recipe book with loads of new ideas to keep making healthy eating fun and achievable for anyone… watch this space!