Strawberries With Basil Ice CreamJuly 7, 2015
This delicious summer recipe is made using the Lakeland Mini Ice Cream Maker.
- 200ml full cream milk
- 50ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Star Kay White Basil Extract
- 100-120g fresh strawberries, halved
What to do
- Place the ice cream bowl in the freezer for 8-12 hours or until completely frozen.
- In a small saucepan heat together the milk and cream until simmering, then remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and basil extract together in a bowl. Pour over the heated milk mixture and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar. Return to the saucepan, heat and gently bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and transfer to a jug. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate for 1-2 hours until chilled.
- Assemble the ice cream maker. Add the cooled mixture to the bowl through the chutes in the lid, with the paddle turning. Churn for 25-30 minutes, until a soft scooping consistency is reached.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
Tip: The ice cream can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the freezer.