STOLLEN & AMARETTO CUPCAKESDecember 7, 2016
Packed with cranberries, pistachios and raisins, with a hint of spice and orange… Then infused with Amaretto!
What you need
- 185g self- raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 40g ground almonds
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 110g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g mixed peel
- 60g pistachios, chopped
- 30g cranberries
- 30g raisins
- 1 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 30g flaked almonds
- 85g marzipan
- 50ml Amaretto liqueur for Bottle Topper Infusion
- Icing sugar, for dusting and decoration
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 160°CC/Gas 3. Line the bun tin with the cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, stir in the baking powder, ground almonds and mixed spice, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, then the flour mixture. Stir in the mixed peel, pistachios, cranberries, raisins and Amaretto, and mix until well combined.
- Roll out the marzipan on a work surface very lightly dusted with icing sugar, to approximately around 2mm thick. Cut out 12 discs using the 5cm round cutter. Divide half the cake mixture between the cupcake cases, filling about 1/3one-third full. Top with a marzipan disc, followed by the remaining cake mixture, filling each cupcake case to two-thirds full. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove the cupcakes from the tin, and allow to cool completely on a cooling wire rack.
- Cut the tip off the end of the Bottle Toppers. Place the opening in the Amaretto and squeeze to fill. Insert the cut end into the cupcake. Dust with icing sugar. When ready to eat, squeeze the top of the Bottle Topper to infuse the cupcake with Amaretto.