Tropical Fruit Smoothie BowlMarch 29, 2016
Tropical Fruit Smoothie Bowl – a delicious way to wake up your taste buds!
Made using our Davina for Lakeland Personal Blender
Turbo charge the start to every day with super-speedy home-made smoothies, fruity milkshakes or super-healthy juices. Simply fill one of the cups with your favourite fresh or frozen fruit and veg and your preferred liquid then screw on the blade unit – as soon as you click the cup onto the base the ingredients will be whizzed into a delicious, nutritious drink to enjoy when you need a boost. Once it’s finished, pop on a sipper lid and you’re ready to go.
recipe serves 1
What you need for the smoothie bowl
- 1.25 litres milk (whole, skimmed or semi-skimmed)
- 125ml live natural yoghurt
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 large kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 30g baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp large coconut flakes
- 100g fresh pineapple, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Munchy Seeds Super Sprinkles Seed Mix
What to do
- Prepare the yoghurt in advance as per your yoghurt maker’s instructions – we used the Lakeland 7-Cup Electric Yoghurt Maker.
- To make the smoothie, place 1 cup yoghurt, half the sliced banana, 1 chopped kiwi fruit, the spinach and 1 tbsp coconut flakes into the blender. Whizz for 15-20 seconds until smooth.
- Set aside a few pieces of kiwi fruit and slices of banana for decoration, then place the remaining kiwi, banana and all the pineapple into a cereal bowl. Pour the smoothie over the fruit and stir gently, then top with a row each of coconut flakes, kiwi fruit, banana and Munchy Seeds.
Tips: Tips: Home-made yoghurt can take between 8 and 12 hours to make so is best prepared the day before. If made using the Lakeland 7-Cup Electric Yoghurt Maker, any leftover yoghurt can be stored in the fridge in the lidded cups for up to 4 days.