The best supporting act goes to…March 21, 2016
Roasties! They certainly get our vote, after all no roast dinner is complete without a handful of crispy golden spuds just waiting to be crunched and munched. As easy to make as they are delicious, they’re a sure-fire way to impress even the fussiest diner. Start with the right variety and you’re halfway there, Maris Pipers make the best roasties but King Edwards are good too, then follow our simple recipe and you can’t go wrong.
- 6 floury potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Olive oil
- Rosemary leaves, to garnish
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Oil an oven tray.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes then drain well. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the potatoes, place a lid on the pan and gently shake until the potatoes are evenly coated. Place onto the oven tray and drizzle with a little oil.
- Roast, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Place in a dish, garnish with rosemary leaves and serve.
Take a look at our best-ever roasting and bakeware range, here.
Here at Lakeland, we don’t just sell bakeware – we specialise in it, and that’s why we spent two years perfecting every single detail of our Lakeland Bakeware range – almost to the point of obsession! Many same-sized pieces nest inside each other and differently sized pieces can also be stacked up to save valuable cupboard space; sure-grip handles make them easy to lift and a double layer of Quantum 2 professional non-stick offers superior food release. Every piece is also completely dishwasher safe and many of the baking tins come with handy fill, portion and sizing guides.
Made from heavy-duty 1mm carbon steel that’s thicker than most other bakeware ranges and oven safe up to 240°C, our Lakeland Bakeware pieces will never twist, warp or bend, lasting you through many, many baking sessions.
Whether you’re replacing some well-worn items in your cupboard, filling a couple of gaps or even just starting out on your bakeware collection, look no further. Supermarket versions might be slightly cheaper but the quality simply cannot compare with the exceptional quality of this professional gauge range – and with over 50 different pieces available, they cannot compete with the variety either.
With a textured base for more even roasting and ‘nose’ for pouring away.