PINK PROSECCO CUPCAKESDecember 7, 2016
These booze-infused bakes couldn’t be easier to make, especially for anyone who remembers school chemistry lessons. Just insert the shot top pipette into your chosen tipple, squeeze and release to fill, then serve as a topper with your cupcake. Your guests simply need to squeeze the topper again to infuse their cupcake with a boozy flavour boost.
What you need
- Lakeland 12 Hole Deep Bun Tin
- 12 Cupcake Cases
- 12 Wilton Martini Toppers
- Lakeland Duo Colour Icing Kit
- 150g self- raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 90g butter, at room temperature
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g soured cream
- 45ml pink Prosecco
- 3 drops of Red Wilton® Colour Right Food Colour
- 12 Lakeland Prosecco Gummies
- White Magic Sparkles Crystal White
- 50ml pink Prosecco for Martini Bottle Topper Infusions
What you do
- Pre heat the oven to 160°CC/Gas 3. Line the bun tin with the cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, stir in the baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pink Prosecco with and the soured cream.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs, alternately with the Prosecco and soured cream, mixing until just combined. Add 2-3 drops of red food colouring to make a pink cake mixture. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until well risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the tin, and allow to cool completely on a cooling wire rack.
- To make the pink icing, place half of the Prosecco flavoured frosting into a bowl and add 1-2 drops of red food colouring, to make the icing pink. With the star-shaped nozzle attachment of our Duo Piping Kit, fill one side of the icing bag with the pink icing, and the other one with the plain Prosecco frosting, and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Cut the tip off the end of the Martini Bottle Toppers. Place the opening in the pink Prosecco and squeeze to fill. Insert the cut end into the iced cupcake. Sprinkle over the Magic Sparkles, and add a Prosecco Gummie sweet to the top of each iced cupcake. When ready to eat, squeeze the top of the Martini Bottle Topper to infuse the cupcake with Prosecco.