Mary Berry’s Mini Lemon Drizzle Cakes
Got the Bake Off blues? We know what will help…
“These have a wonderful crunchy lemon topping. It is important to spoon the icing onto the warm cake so the lemon juice soaks into the cake. If using butter make sure it is really soft but not oily.”
What You Need
FOR THE CAKE
- 6oz (175g) baking spread especially for cakes or soft butter
- 6oz (175g) caster sugar
- 7oz (200g) self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- grated rind of 2 small lemons
FOR THE ICING
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- 6oz (175g) granulated sugar
What You Do
- Grease the 12 hole loose silicon bottomed bun tins. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well for about 2 minutes until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the bun tins, dividing evenly between the 12 portions.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C/160Fan/Gas 4 for about 20 minutes until risen, golden and shrinking away from the side of the tin.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sugar to give a runny consistency. Spread out evenly over the warm cakes and leave to set. Once cold loosen the edges of the cakes and push up the base firmly to lift out.