MARGARITA CUPCAKESNovember 28, 2016
What you need
- Lakeland 12 Hole Deep Bun Tin
- 12 Cupcake Cases
- 12 Wilton Bottle Toppers
- Lakeland Professional Piping Set
For the cupcakes
- 190g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of Zest of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp milk
For the icing
- 180g butter, at room temperature
- 400g icing sugar
- 50ml Tequila
- Juice of Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 30ml tequila
- 20ml triple sec liqueur
- Zest of 2 limes
- Lime slices, quartered to decorate
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 160°CC/Gas 3. Line the bun tin with the cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into In a medium bowl, combine the flour, stir in the baking powder and salt, and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, then the flour mixture, and finally the lime zest and milk. Mix until well combined and divide the mixture between the cupcake cases, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until well risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then r. Remove the cupcakes from the tin, and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, beat the butter with an electric hand mixer in a large mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes until soft. Gradually add sift in the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Add the Tequila and lime juice, and beat on a medium speed for a further 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a large round nozzle (1.5cm) attached, and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Combine the tequila and triple sec. Cut the tip off the end of the Bottle Toppers. Place the cut opening in the drinks Tequila and Triple Sec mixture and squeeze to fill. Insert the cut end into the iced cupcake. Sprinkle over the lime zest and garnish with lime slices. When ready to eat, squeeze the top of the Bottle Topper to infuse the cupcake with Tequila and Triple Sec.