Lucy Bee’s Pineapple and Passion Fruit RouladeJanuary 16, 2017
This is a really impressive pudding to serve up to family or friends on a hot summer’s day. The pineapple and passion fruit make this classic irresistible. Simply perfect for those summer barbecues and get-togethers.
- 30g Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 4 medium eggs
- 55g stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of xanthan gum
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Edible flowers, such as violas or nasturtiums, to decorate
FOR THE FILLING
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 150g créme fraîche
- 4 tsp agave nectar
- 3 passion fruit
- 125g fresh pineapple, cut into very small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°C/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 34 x 23cm Swiss roll tin or shallow baking tray and line with baking parchment.
- Place the eggs and stevia in a bowl and whisk for 5-10 minutes on a high speed using an electric mixer until creamy, light and almost doubled in volume. Beat in the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum together, then gently fold into the egg mixture, until combined. Take care not to let too much air out of the mixture – stop as soon as the dry ingredients are just folded through. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the sponge springs back to the touch.
- Leave in the tin to cool slightly. Place a flat sheet of baking parchment on the worktop, lightly dusted with icing sugar. Turn out the warm roulade onto the parchment and start to roll from the narrower end of the cake (the paper will remain inside) until you have a Swiss roll. Leave to cool completely.
- Once completely cold, unroll the roulade and discard the parchment. Mix together the yoghurt, créme fraîche and agave nectar. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the passion fruit and fold into the yoghurt mixture. Spread the fruity yoghurt over the roulade and scatter over the pineapple chunks, setting some aside for decoration.
- Carefully roll up the roulade and place on a serving dish. Scatter the remaining pineapple chunks over the top of the roulade and dust with icing sugar. Decorate with edible flowers, such as violas and nasturtiums.
GF WF DF LF V
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)