Lucy Bee’s Raw Chocolate CheesecakeJanuary 16, 2017
Who doesn’t love a cheesecake? Especially when it’s raw, dairy-free and packed with nutrients. Serve this to friends and they’ll never know it’s good for them.
FOR THE BASE
- 225g pecans
- 25g raw cacao powder
- 60ml raw agave nectar
- 50g Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 50g peanut butter
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 150g cashews, soaked in cold water for 4 hours (or 2 hours in hot if you are short of time)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 100ml coconut milk
- 50g Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- 30g raw agave nectar
- Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- To make the base, put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until crumbly. Tip the mixture into the lined cake tin, spread it out evenly and press down firmly. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain the cashew nuts and blitz in a food processor until they resemble cashew butter. Add the remaining ingredients and whiz until smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spread the filling over the top. Place back in the freezer for at least 2 hours, removing 10 minutes before serving, with berries and créme fraîche, if you like. Store in the freezer.
GF WF DF LF V
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)