Amazing Minced Lamb Koftas With Yoghurt Dressing
Makes 6 delicious lamb koftas, perfect for outdoor dining. Cooked on the Barbecook® Tabletop Barbecue.
- 425g lean lamb mince
- 1 tbsp Ras-El Hanout
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the dressing
- ½ cucumber
- 175g fat-free natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint jelly
- Salt and pepper
For the salad
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bag of rocket leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 70g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 125g pomegranate seeds
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
What You Do
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb mince, Ras-El Hanout, herbs and seasoning. Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and shape each around a long skewer. Chill for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon, then coarsely grate onto a clean tea towel. Gather up the towel and squeeze out the excess liquid from the cucumber, then place in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, garlic and mint jelly. Stir together, season to taste, pour into serving bowls and refrigerate.
- To make the salad, mix the onion, rocket, mint, Feta, pomegranate seeds and olive oil together in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
- Prepare and light the barbecue according to the instructions. When it is ready, guests can cook their kebabs for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning carefully with tongs until fully cooked.
- Remove to a serving platter, add the tortillas to the barbecue and warm for 30 seconds each side, until they chargrill slightly and begin to puff. Serve with the koftas, dressing, salad and pomegranate molasses.