Joe Wicks’ Carrot and Apple MuffinsSeptember 9, 2016
These are a great little snack to eat with a cup of tea. I mean, who doesn’t love a muffin? They’ll take 40 minutes to make so why not invite some friends over and enjoy them together?
- 2 medium carrots, grated (130g)
- 2 medium eating apples, peeled and grated (170g)
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g raisins
- 1½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan 160°C, gas mark 4) and line a 12-hole muffin tin with small muffin cases.
- Place all the ingredients apart from 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, the cream cheese and the honey in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cases and slide into the oven. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, by which time they will be cooked through and a little golden on the top.
- Leave to cool.
- While the muffins are cooling, whip together the remaining vanilla extract, cream cheese and honey, adding a splash of water to slacken if needed.
- When the muffins are totally cool, spread the cream cheese icing on top.
We caught up with Joe to talk fitness, recipe inspiration and food – and find out what’s next for this man on a mission.
Check out the full interview, here.