A Tasty Way to Get Your Five-A-DayApril 21, 2015
If you thought a glass of juice was just a glass of juice, think again. From boosting energy and immunity to improving general wellbeing, extracting the freshest juice at home brings a host of health benefits, and it’s also a really tasty way to help toward your five-a-day.
There’s so much more to juices than apples and oranges too! Home-grown or shop-bought, there’s a huge variety of fruit and vegetables available all year round so, month by month, you can tailor your juices and smoothies depending on what’s on the shelves – no two juices need ever be the same! Take a look at a couple of recipes to help inspire you to be healthier this spring.
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- ¼ small pineapple, skin removed
- 1 small beetroot, washed
- Small bunch fresh parsley, stems included
What You Do
- Chop all the ingredients into pieces that will fit easily into the juicer feed tube.
- Set the juicer going and collect the extracted juice in a glass.
TIP: TO SERVE WITH PARSLEY ICE CUBES, SIMPLY PLACE 1 PARSLEY LEAF IN EACH COMPARTMENT OF AN ICE CUBE TRAY, ADD WATER AND FREEZE
Fresh Green Juice
- 50g baby spinach, washed
- 150ml coconut water or apple juice
- 50g cucumber, chopped into chunks
- ½ a small avocado, flesh only
- 5-6 green grapes (optional)
What You Do
- Add all the ingredients to the bottle and screw the blade assembly into place on the open end of the bottle. Add the bottle to the base and twist to blend.
- Blend for 15 seconds, remove the bottle from the base and shake, then return to the base and blend for 15 more seconds until smooth. Untwist the bottle to stop blending, remove it from the base and invert it. Unscrew the blade assembly and put the lid on the bottle.
TIP: IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SMOOTHIE ON THE MOVE, A BLENDER WILL WORK AS WELL.
Whether for health or taste, juicing has become a lifestyle choice for many. We’ve put together lots of information to help you make the most of it – just visit www.lakeland.co.uk/juicing to read all you need to know. With a juicer on the worktop, there’ll be no looking back – what are you waiting for?