Bloomin’ Marvellous Flowerpot Cupcakes!
Made in our Flowerpot Cake Cases
WHAT YOU NEED
For the sponge
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
For the icing
WHAT YOU DO
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing well between each addition, then mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Sift the flour and salt into the bowl and fold in with a large metal spoon, taking care not to knock the air out.
5. Fill each flowerpot case two thirds full and level with a teaspoon before standing on a baking or muffin tray.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack.
8. For the topping, cream together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract, then add the colouring and mix well. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe swirls on top of the cakes.
9. To decorate, roll out your pink paste and use the Easy Rose Cutter to create the rosebuds. To make the leaves, roll out the green sugar paste or fondant icing and cut out using our Leaf Icing Cutters.
Cute silicone flowerpot cupcake cases – impress your guests with a garden of cupcake delights baked in our cute silicone cases, cleverly disguised as flowerpots. A sugarcrafter’s dream, we think they’re blooming marvellous!
Sugar roses create a romantic and sophisticated finish to your cake creations, but they can be anything from frustratingly time-consuming to fiendishly tricky to get right. Our easy-to-use Rose Cutter lets you create up to four different sizes quickly and easily – simply cut out to the size required, fold and roll up to create everything from beautiful buds to full-blown blooms.
Create professional cake decorations in an instant. Leaves are notoriously difficult to mould but with our Leaf Shaped Icing Cutters you will be creating detailed icing leaves quickly and easily. Each cutter has a spring mechanism which makes cutting, embossing and releasing effortless. There are 3 leaf cutter sizes included so you can layer each size to create 3D shapes and more realistic leaves on bouquets or floral arrangements.