Easy Lemon CupcakesMay 1, 2015
For the cupcakes
- 100g soft margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Grated rind of one lemon
For the topping
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 480g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place 12 silicone cupcake cases in bun tins.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well until smooth (about 2-3 mins).
- Half-fill each case with mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until risen and golden brown. Cool the cakes in their cases on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: cream the butter and lemon extract together in a large bowl. Blend in the sugar, a quarter at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the milk and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto the top of the cooled cakes and decorate.
Inspired? Take a look at our cupcake making and baking products, and get more delicious cupcake recipes, here.