Roast Chicken with Onions, Garlic, Lemon & ThymeMarch 21, 2016
Gathering the family together on Easter Sunday is the perfect excuse to serve up a traditional roast. This year, instead of lamb, how about dishing up a delicious chicken, cooked to perfection with crispy skin and juicy flesh, accompanied by some lovely spring veg? And of course, some crunchy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside roasties wouldn’t go amiss – find our recipe here.
- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ lemon
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 30g butter, softened
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 180/gas mark 4.
- Insert two thyme sprigs, the lemon and two of the garlic cloves. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken breast-side up in an oiled roasting tin. Rub all over with the softened butter then roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, add the onion and remaining garlic to the tin, then roast for a further 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the chicken and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with roasted garlic and onions.
Take a look at our best-ever roasting and bakeware range, here.
Here at Lakeland, we don’t just sell bakeware – we specialise in it, and that’s why we spent two years perfecting every single detail of our Lakeland Bakeware range – almost to the point of obsession! Many same-sized pieces nest inside each other and differently sized pieces can also be stacked up to save valuable cupboard space; sure-grip handles make them easy to lift and a double layer of Quantum 2 professional non-stick offers superior food release. Every piece is also completely dishwasher safe and many of the baking tins come with handy fill, portion and sizing guides.
Made from heavy-duty 1mm carbon steel that’s thicker than most other bakeware ranges and oven safe up to 240°C, our Lakeland Bakeware pieces will never twist, warp or bend, lasting you through many, many baking sessions.
Whether you’re replacing some well-worn items in your cupboard, filling a couple of gaps or even just starting out on your bakeware collection, look no further. Supermarket versions might be slightly cheaper but the quality simply cannot compare with the exceptional quality of this professional gauge range – and with over 50 different pieces available, they cannot compete with the variety either.
With a textured base for more even roasting and ‘nose’ for pouring away.