Pancakes with lemon & sugarFebruary 17, 2015
Get flipping! Our traditional pancake recipe makes about 15 yummy pancakes! Top with lemon and sugar – or maple syrup and blueberries? The possibilities are endless!
- 300g plain flour
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 500ml milk (full fat or semi-skimmed)
- butter or a little oil, to grease the pan
To serve, we suggest;
- 60ml lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
What You Do
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Combine the eggs and milk then add to the flour. Mix until the batter is smooth and lump free, then cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease a heated pan with butter, or a little oil, then pour in about 3 tablespoons of batter. Tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly. Cook until little bubbles appear on top and a the pancake has a gone a light golden brown colour underneath, flip and cook the other side.
- Keep pancakes warm while cooking remaining batter.
- *Optional – FLIP!
Did you know… The world record for the highest pancake toss is 329cm.
Inspired? Take a look at more delicious pancake recipes and helpful products, here.