Beefburgers & Sweet Potato Fries
At the first hint of sun in Windermere, we need no further encouragement to start enjoying outdoor cooking! Here is our delicious recipe for BBQ Beefburgers & Sweet Potato Fries!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g minced steak
- 5 tbsp stout (or stock for an alcohol-free version)
- 1 slice brown bread, crumbled
- 2-3 stems flat-leaf parsley, stalks removed, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 4 seed-topped brown rolls
- 25g rocket
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, cut into rings
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 rings fresh pineapple
- 1 large avocado, peeled, halved and sliced
- 4 tbsp blue cheese dressing
What You Do
- Fry the onion in the oil in a frying pan for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Mix the mince and stock (or stout) together, add the breadcrumbs, parsley, cooked onions, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the beef mixture roughly into four and form each portion into a patty. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato strips into a pan of boiling water, cook for 5 minutes then drain. Place in a plastic bag, add the salt and oil and shake well until coated. Transfer the strips to the frying pan on the barbecue, close the barbecue lid and cook for about 25 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- When the sweet potatoes are halfway through cooking, barbecue the burgers over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- To serve, stack the burgers in the buns with the rocket, red pepper, onion, pineapple, avocado and dressing. Serve with the sweet potatoes, drizzled with a squeeze of lime juice.