Banana and Honey Ice Cream Bars
July 19, 2016
Bake it, blend it, freeze it, break it – eat it!
What you need
- Zest & juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 250g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 300ml milk
- ½ tsp Lakeland Natural Banana Flavour
- 50g banana chips
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Place the orange zest, juice and cinnamon in an ovenproof dish. Add the bananas on top and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 30 minutes and leave to cool.
- Blend half the bananas and juice to a smooth purée. Roughly chop the remaining bananas and add to the purée with the remaining juice. Mix in the yoghurt, milk and banana flavour. Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker and set the timer for 60 minutes.
- Line a Swiss roll tin with Magic Non-Stick Liner so it overlaps the sides. Add the ice cream to the tin and spread it right to the edges. Sprinkle with the banana chips and place in the freezer overnight.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer just before serving and break it into chunks to resemble tree bark.
Tip: For a dairy-free version, replace the yoghurt and milk with 550g dairy-free coconut yoghurt